We help you with translation services

Posted by on Aug 18, 2017 in Uncategorized | 4 comments

Hi guys, if you’re a student and you’re planning on studying abroad, something you may not have considered is the need for translation services. While it’s true that immersing yourself in the culture of a foreign country is one of the best ways to learn a language (among many other long-proven benefits of studying abroad), before you even leave for foreign soil you may need academic translation services—things like getting your transcripts translated, getting vaccination and other medical records translated, and so on. It can easily be overwhelming, but you can save a lot of time, money, and stress by partnering with the right translation agency. Here are just a few of the things you may need translated before beginning a semester overseas:

  1. Birth certificates and passports — no two countries are alike when it comes to acceptable methods of identification (much less different universities within those countries), so be prepared to have a birth certificate or passport translated into the language of the country in which you’ll be staying; legal documents such as these may also require certified translation, where a translator signs an affadavit swearing to the quality and accuracy of their translation, which is then stamped and notarized by a licensed notary public.
  2. Immunization cards — many countries will require you to have certain immunizations before you can even enter their borders, but schools themselves may have their own policies as well. Be ready to prove your vaccination history by providing a translated record of your immunizations to any health or other agency that may require them. Be sure to read up on other important travel health and safety informatiom from the U.S. Department of State’s USA StudyAbroad website.
  3. Diplomas and transcripts — before you can be accepted for transfer student or other study-abroad programs, most schools will want to see a copy of your academic records first. This will require you to provide a copy of your transcripts (or certificate or diploma if you have only completed high school) in a language and format that they officially recognize.

You can learn more about the benefits and other information on studying abroad at AFS-USA website. Additionally, several departments in your school will be able to help support you and provide more information on studying overseas, but you can get a leg up and help speed up the process by partnering with a good translation agency that can help answer the questions you didn’t even know to ask. Make sure you do your homework and find the best provider to fit your needs. Agencies like Translation Services USA, with many years of experience, can help match you up with a translator who not only knows the language, but has the background and experience in academic translation necessary to get you going as quickly and easily as possible.

Leave a Comment